1:12 PM

Day 22 - AWESOME people in WUHAN! :D

สวัสดีคับ(thai - hello), PEOPLE!!
After having to accomodate in Wuhan for quite a while, i just want to use this blog post to talk about the people here in Wuhan! Who have i met, and what can i infer about them.
From information that i obtained from the Internet saying that,'Wuhan people are warm, hospitable and funny. Many of them don't like to be restrained by formal manners, but they are friendly and helpful.'
And from what i infer after communicating with them, i think it is relatively true that people are Wuhan are like what the Internet has mentioned. In fact, they are more than what the Internet said.


What a simple lad: Firstly, it the teenager who sells Mutton Sticks on the back street behind our hostel. I'm super sorry that i do not have his name because he's not local, i assume that he is from XinJiang 新疆. He is kinda cute though. ( According to Girl Statistics! LOL! )
I still remember i went to buy my first mutton stick from him. And normally, i would talk to stall tenders, asking them how is their business coming also. I did try to communicate with him in local language, but he did not seem to understand me at all. After several exchange of words, i decided to exercise my hand gestures.
What a sweet move: Trying to be funny, i hand-gestured to him asking that let me tend his stall for awhile. He was kind enough to allow me take his precious fan and help him with his mutton sticks. And one time, i brought my friends to his stall and he recognised me! (: And i told some of my friends to try his mutton sticks and when my friend was about to pay him, he just shaked his head and say he don't want it. I tried to force him to take the money because i don't think he earn that much everyday. Left with nothing to do, he left his stall without the money in his pocket. And we just simply put the money under his fan so that he can notice it after we left.
Whenever i went back the backstreet, i always bump into him cause he will always be located near the gate. And whenever he bumps into me, he always try to grab hold of my hand and ask me to stay back to try his mutton sticks. But i always say, 'tomorrow'. Not trying to be rude, just that dont really like to waste his time barbeque mutton sticks for me when he can sell it.

REFLECTION:
I always think that whenever i talk to a person that does not really understand what i am talking about, i will feel that it's dooms day for me already because it will take a lot of effort for me and the other party to clarify things out. Being in Wuhan really change my impression of how to communicate to people and how people will react. He (Mutton Stick lad) did things that can never happen in Singapore displaying huge amount of generousity. Everytime i saw him, he would give me that smile that really make me feel welcome.
To me, that feeling of being accepted by people is GREAT! :D

0 comments: