6:20 AM

Day 6 – City Tour

I opened my eyes and I saw my friend. And I realized that it was him that he woke me up. It was 0630 hours and we are supposed to meet at 0715 hours! At that point of time, I was thinking how are we going to make it this time. We were late last time, and I do not want that to happen again. So I woke my roommates as soon as possible so that we can get ourselves prepared. Last day, we spent the whole night outside, so it’s no surprise that we cannot wake ourselves up. So I told my group mates that I will not bathe because if I bathe, it will take me 20 minutes! And some more I do not want to be late, so I made this decision. (How great right!?)
We assembled outside our hostel and we begin our CITY TOUR!! WOHOOO!! :D

FIRST STOP: East Lake 东湖

Our first stop is East Lake. East Lake is the biggest scenery tourist attraction in Wuhan and also the largest lake within a city in China, is located on the south bank of the Yangtze River. It covers an area of 87 square kilometers (33 square kilometers of water area). When we entered, we were welcomed by the gentle wind blowing thru our hair. It feels very good and relaxing. It’s mainly because it’s early in the morning, so everything is cooler in the morning. In addition, what make the East Lake Scenic Area more incredible are its recreational facilities: the exciting slide way, the ropeway, the yachts, tandem bikes, the skating rink and the pleasure ground for children. We took photo graphs on the yachts and spent 45 minutes around East Lake. As the sun got higher, the temperature got higher too! ):

SECOND STOP: Hubei Province Museum

Our second stop is Hubei Province Museum. The museum does not allow us to use flash when we are taking photographs mainly because the flash might spoil the artifacts in the display cabinets. The technology use in the technology in the museum is same as in Singapore. We are given one listening device each and we are lead by one museum personnel. The museum personnel talk through a microphone and we hear through the listening device. It’s very helpful because this method enables everyone who is using the listening device to get the necessary information about the artifact. After the short tour in the museum, we are given some free time to walk around the Museum to have a look. The Museum really gives me a good impression!! If you have the chance to go there, please do not hesitate to go to the Hubei Province Museum!! :D

THIRD STOP: Yellow Crane Tower (黄鹤楼)

Our third stop is Yellow Crane Tower. The Yellow Crane Tower really leave a significant mark in my memory because the yellow crane tower is the one the most recognizable tower in China. And for such a long time, I have not been to anywhere historical. The Yellow Crane Tower is simply majestic. From the old traditional designs of the towers to looking at the city view at the top of the tower, I left with one word, and that is SUPERB!! I have learnt a lot of new things and experiences that I cannot learn from textbooks and other media from the visit to the Yellow Crane Tower.

FOURTH STOP: Walking Street (步行街)

Our very last stop is Walking Street located at Han Kou Area (汉口). Since we have been to Bu Xing Jie before, we are no strangers to that Street already. We did nothing much on that street also.
Reflection: One week has passed and we are slowing getting adapted to the environment over here. We do not have any major problems with the campus itself because we are assisted by the friendly student helpers over here. And I have made some friends over here, so I believe that sooner or later, we will be very familiar with the place already! And I hope that everything stays fine for the next coming week. And I also hope that the weather will get better!

0 comments: